It was a bright sunny morning at Royal Pines for the sold-out event Thursday 30 August 2018 with Women of Influence. We all shared in the experience of being part of a community of like-minded business women and a decent representation of men, participating in a discussion about how to make the most of our professional relationships.
Amanda Mostyn joined us from Sydney to share her experience and provide tips for building and developing professional relationships. Some of the key take outs were:
Networks are critical to increasing your skills in building and developing new relationships – Women of Influence is a wonderful example of a fabulous network of like-minded women!
- Good relationships and trust are essential elements of a successful career and a well-rounded life, but they must be reciprocated
- As a leader, you don’t need to be liked (you might have to make difficult decisions) but you do need to be respected.
- Work hard to be professional in how you behave and treat others, so you earn their respect
- True leaders think about others, not themselves. When you manage teams of people, listen to their ideas and let them speak first.
- Open your self up as a ‘whole person’ not just what you are at work. Let people know about your personal life (eg partners, children and interests)
We also heard from some of the young people we support through our charity partner RADFLY, when two brave young students shared their stories.
Guests were treated to a delicious breakfast in a room packed with motivated people and the buzz of our new sponsors Bulgari and the roar of the Alfa Romeo tucked in the corner. Prizes from our generous sponsors helped us raise thousands to be donated to RADFLY.
Save the date for our next event – Thursday 22 November in the afternoon for High Tea & Bubbles!
DETAILS OF OUR NEXT EVENT
WHEN: Thursday 22 November 2018
TIME: 2:00 pm for 2:30 pm start
WHERE: Videre Fine Dining Restaurant, 21 Floor, RACV Royal Pines Resort
FORMAT: High Tea with a glass of bubbles
Fashion Parade and presentation from one of our own!